Create Macro in Excel to Hyperlink (to open folder) so user can select file

Stellajo 02:12 12 Mar 14

Hi all

My user needs to hyperlink many files to one spreadsheet. Most of the files to be hyper-linked is in one folder.

I need a macro that can START FROM the process of right-clicking the cell, to selecting Hyperlink, to scrolling to a certain folder AND ENDING THERE, so that the user can just select a file in this folder.

If I have the correct code, I can change it for other macro's to suit the user for hyper-linking to other folders.

I hope I make sense, I'm new to Macro's, so please bear with me

Picklefactory 08:00 12 Mar 14

Right clicking a cell brings up a menu where Insert Hyperlink is an option. So am I correct in thinking that what you'd like to have happen, is that when you do that, the Explorer window that opens automatically, is directed straight to a specific folder rather than it's default folder?

Picklefactory 08:15 12 Mar 14

PS What version of Excel will be used? It needs to be the same for ALL users as Excel 2010 onwards has some features unavailable to 2007 and earlier. It may be simpler in 2010, but I think it's doable in both if I've understood the question correctly.

Stellajo 07:42 13 Mar 14

Hi Picklefactory

Thanks for your reply. You are correct with your first statement. All the user's has Excel 2010.

Picklefactory 13:03 14 Mar 14

Stellajo

Sorry I don't have time right now to give you a step by step, but if you check out these links, then I think they may help. At least, I hope so.

Click here

Click here

Click here

Click here

Stellajo 00:14 20 Mar 14

Hi Picklefactory

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, I'm a "NEWBIE" at Macros and I tried my best with all the links you gave me, but couldn't get anything to work.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…