Copying address book in old MAC laptop

Procrastinus 09:09 30 Mar 07

A friend has an old MAC iBook built in year 2000 with OS 9.1 installed. She is getting a new MAC laptop but wants to transfer and back up her Address Book in the old machine. When one opens the AOL 'Mail' icon to get to Address Book, one can 'Select All' but only the names are copied not their respective addresses. I have opened a special folder, but again only the names are transferred. Also there seems to be no 'Send To' facility as per Windows. How can I get the names AND e-mail addresses copied?

recap 11:11 30 Mar 07

If the AOL account is web based, there should be no need to transfer them over. The new iBook can log on to the AOL account and configure the email client as originally undertaken with the old ibook.

jack 12:12 30 Mar 07

As know nowt about MAC's I am in grave danger of typing this with my feet so to speak[type]

Cannot the contents of the address book be copied by selecting all - the open file and saving as a text file[TXT]
This is a universal format that should be picked up by any machine -even a humble old PC
;-)

recap 12:18 30 Mar 07

To back up your address book, choose File > Back Up Database and choose a location for the backup file.

To undo all recent changes and return to your last backed-up version, choose File > "Revert to Database Backup" and locate the backup file. Any new cards or information you've changed since you last created a backup will be lost. Any deleted items will be recovered.

To save a copy of your Address Book for safekeeping, copy the Address Book file to another location (such as an external hard disk or a CD).

If you have a .Mac account, you can also use Apple's iSync to back up your Address Book to your iDisk. For more information, open iSync and choose Help > iSync Help.

Procrastinus 09:30 31 Mar 07

Thanks recap. The wording was different but the principle the same!
Thanks jack - I had tried that but all that was copied was the names and not their respective addresses - not much use!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…