Copy MS Outlook Express6 Address Book to iPadAir

Yimbo 10:06 31 Dec 13
Answered

I'm currently using Outlook Express6 (with XP Home SP3) and I want to start using my new iPadAir for emails, keeping my email address. How do I set this up, and how do I copy my OE Address Book to the iPad?

I've tried Googling for an answer, but it seems a very involved process! Surely not!!

I'd appreciate any guidance!

Batch 12:07 31 Dec 13

Not sure if is the same for iPad Air, but for my Nexus 7 I had to create vCards (from Outlook Express) for each contact I wanted to import to the Nexus. Right pain.

Woolwell 12:14 31 Dec 13
Answer

Setting up the iPad for emails should be straightforward. Make sure that you know all of your account settings in OE (incoming, smtp, password, ports, etc) and make sure that they are the same on the iPad. Unless you use imap then you will not be able to see sent emails on the computer and iPad. Suggest that on OE and on iPad you make sure that messages are left on the server.

Transferring contacts may well be possible through iTunes.

Woolwell 12:16 31 Dec 13

For contacts read Apple support

Woolwell 12:16 31 Dec 13

Batch - It is not the same.

Yimbo 15:18 31 Dec 13

Thanks for the help! I think I'll be able to get things up and running from the info you've given!

Happy NY!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple