Convert Mac Font to PC

GrahamP 19:53 09 Nov 03

I'm trying to use TransMac and CrossFont to convert the Trade Gothic font from a CD written on a Mac.

I can see the Mac files via Explorer but they show 0 bytes. In the Mac window in TransMac, however they don't show up at all.

The end result is to get a usable version of the font on the PC - tonight.

Can anyone advise on using this method or suggest another method?

DieSse 21:28 09 Nov 03

Free download ? click here

DieSse 21:32 09 Nov 03

Seems like it's not as free as might have been implied - however even paying for it may be better than not getting it!!

GrahamP 22:16 19 Nov 03

Thanks DieSse.

There seemed to be a fairly universal charge of $20 for the one I wanted.

I was helping out a friend who is a graphic artist and after coming up blank on both the conversion effort and a free download I dug a little more deeply into the project. I found out the font is the house style of a local theatre and they were ultimately funding the project. It also turned out not to be as urgent as I thought.

End result. She got the theatre to send a good copy by e-mail the following day.

It also transpired the original was in pc format but hadn't been properly exported hence the 0 bytes and the reason I couldn't see it in the Mac window under TransMac.

Sometimes it's not that the answer is difficult, it's just that we're asking the wrong question.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…