control panel Display applett will not open

n4165si 14:39 30 Mar 07

i have right clicked the Display applett in the control panel and it will not open, please advise

Technotiger 14:44 30 Mar 07

Hmm, another way to get to the same thing is to right-click on the Desktop, and choose Properties.

n4165si 14:50 30 Mar 07

Technotiger
that does not work either

Technotiger 14:53 30 Mar 07

Hmm, a bit more info from you then - are you using XP or another OS. When you say that does not work, what exactly do you mean, what does happen, do you get any error messsage?

Technotiger 14:54 30 Mar 07

Also are we talking Laptop or Desktop Tower?

n4165si 15:00 30 Mar 07

Technotiger
system is xp ,when i click to open the Display applett, nothing happens,i do not get any error message,i tried your suggestion to select properties from the desktop ,but again nothing happens ,no message or anything,and we are talking Desktop Tower

Technotiger 15:02 30 Mar 07

In that case I would advise you to do a System Restore back to a date before you had any problems.

Technotiger 15:03 30 Mar 07

In any case, it might also be helpful to say what you are/were trying to do in Display?

CLONNEN 15:07 30 Mar 07

Some firewalls block access to Control Panel items. Kerio Personal Firewall does this. Solution was to use a different firewall.

Technotiger 15:09 30 Mar 07

I use Kerio Firewall without any problems, it is brilliant.

But a good point anyway, something to check.

n4165si 15:17 30 Mar 07

Technotiger
i was debating whether to update my graphics card driver from the 84.21 to 93.71 as the nvidia new control panel will also not open,so i was going to look at the display panel ,but as it will not open , at least i have the classic view control panel. their seems to be aproblem with all the updated nvdia drivers so am reluctant to update. i have also just had a problem with WMP and kept getting a message that windows explorer needs to close ,and i ran sfc /scannow with my recovery disc and that fixed that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos