//some 3rd party need geo

compaq r4065ea is this a good machine?

terryr48 09:45 28 May 05

I am looking at this click here. The only place that sells them are PC world & currys and I am not sure of buying from these,(further put off yesterday by being told that it dos'nt have firewire but it looks like that it does according to the hp website) plus the fact that I am a wheelchair user and the salesman in PC world couldn't possibly get the thing off the display for me to try.It looks quite good value @ £949 any opinions please.

Forum Editor 10:35 28 May 05

this is a highly-specified machine. The build quality is up to usual Presario standards and I'm sure you would be very happy with it.

If PC World can't be bothered to make arrangements for you have a play with the display model they don't deserve to make the sale. Ask for the manager and tell him/her I said it's about time they discovered how to behave towards a potential purchaser who can't reach the display shelf.

Joe R 11:16 28 May 05

terryr48,

Yes the machine is very well specced, but as the F.E. states,why on earth can't they take it off the shelf, or give you another one to try first.

terryr48 16:35 28 May 05

Thanks for your advice-got one from Bury-St-Edmunds branch, Ross the assistant could'nt have been more helpful-(talk about chalk & cheese)-got me a boxed one out to try.
So Ipswich salesman you lost out on your commission on this sale. I suppose it just proves what a variation of staff pc world employ.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…