Cleaning Door Seal in Washing Machine

Condom 23:26 31 Mar 11

Her indoors has aked me to see if anyone can help with her problem with the washing machine. The rubeer door seal is badly stained at the bottom where I suppose the last remnants of water tend to end up and everything we have tried to clean it with has failed. Anyone ever have a similar problem and found out how to clean it. Thanks in advance.

MAT ALAN 23:35 31 Mar 11

click here

11 is why
12 is how

northumbria61 11:27 01 Apr 11

ESpares have useful short videos on maintenance of appliances - take a look here click here

BT 17:12 01 Apr 11

Thats a useful Link.

Batch 17:59 01 Apr 11

1. To prevent in future: Don't use liquid detergents. Use powder detergents instead.

2. To clean: use biological detergent for WHITES (the colour detergents aren't up to the job) on a hot (e.g. 90 degree wash).

pk46 18:18 01 Apr 11

I thought PC Advisor was a PC site NOT FOR WASHING
MASCHINES.

pk46 18:20 01 Apr 11

If this is an April fool joke it wasn't April the first when it was posted.

lucky1 18:22 01 Apr 11

It could be s wasching machine which has an inbuilt computer!

MAT ALAN 18:47 01 Apr 11

A genuine question probably just put into the wrong forum, happens all the time...

Condom 00:54 02 Apr 11

Thanks Mat Alan and Batch as I think you may very well have hit the nail on the head. Her indoors uses liquid detergent all the time on low temperatures together with fabric softener so it is no wonder we are experiencing this problem. Fortunately it doesn't smell as the machine is used too often but it is rather unsightly. Hopefully the suggested cures will work so I will mark this resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now