checking the legitimacy of a website

frazky 00:31 17 Jan 04

type

javascript:alert("The real URL of this site is: " + location.protocol + "//" + location.hostname + "/");

into your address bar, -
are there any others?

Chegs ® 01:27 17 Jan 04

I just tried copying "javascript:alert("The real URL of this site is: " + location.protocol + "//" + location.hostname + "/"); " into my homepage and a second box appears with the real address.Now I know what the question is,I haven't the faintest idea of any other hidden features of IE,although there has been one or two previously.One I remember was a false security scam that encouraged you to buy their high priced useless software,by showing you the "contents" of your hdd.

Chegs ® 01:34 17 Jan 04

And the same in Opera produces a "Javascript Alert" with the web addy of the page I tried it on,but with an option to "Do not display again"

So,I learn't another thing that Opera lets you alter,whereas IE doesn't(this is the reason I have Opera setup as default browser)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…