A CHALLENGE to the Forum - Jave applets

ZootHornRollo 14:32 05 Oct 04

So far every problem I've had until now has been fixed but this one has stumped everyone. If you see the correspondence below you'll see what has been suggested so far. My friend even got a local PC technician out to help but after 2 hours he could find no solution. Can anybody help or is this one problemto which there is no answer?

Problems with Yahoo Games [1] ZootHornRollo Wed, 22.09.04 | 21:00 A friend of mine is having this problem: He wants to play Backgammon on Yahoo but having accessed their game site, logged on and selected the "Room" he wants to play in the backgammon graphics (an applet) refuses to load even though it says 'Done' at the bottom of the screen. Any ideas on how to get around this problem - he's written to Yahoo who have so far ignored him and there is nothing on their website that appears to deal with this. any suggestions gratefully received.

Diodorus Siculus Thu, Sounds like the java runtime is not installed

ZootHornRollo Thu, 23.09.04 | 08:50 Thanks for the tip - had a look at the link. Is it the "J2SE v 1.4.2_05 JRE includes the JVM technology" option or one of the others that my friend needs to use?

Diodorus Siculus Thu, 23.09.04 | 09:12 click here it is this one I believe.

ZootHornRollo Thu, 23.09.04 | 11:44

Had a go at getting from tucows - Sun's site was not very accomodating. Downloaded and installed it but still no joy. Any alternatives you can think of

Graham ® 14:42 05 Oct 04
  961 15:45 05 Oct 04

try click here and the links from it

ZootHornRollo 19:54 05 Oct 04

Sorted by using Netscape Navigator instead of Internet Explorer. Thanks everyone for their help.

swanny3 20:21 05 Oct 04

try this----
tools-internet options-advanced and set too defaul for all java based scripts..

Valvegrid 20:43 05 Oct 04

This link will test Java Sun script and what version you have and if its up to date:

click here

This one will test JavaScript if its working and what version, if its not, then on how to get it working:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…