Cant share files on network cclient machine

macyorky 14:39 08 Apr 05

I set up a wire less home net work ran setup wizard but my xp home machine cannot share files on my xp home client machine I keep getting access denied see administrator. My home system can access shared forlders and share printing on my xp pro system can anyone help me please

igk 00:39 12 Apr 05

If you are using a firewall (and I hope you are) it sounds as though it needs to be setup so that it can "see" the laptop,the windows xp firewall is pretty useless even in SP2, I use Zone Alarm from click here (the free version)and on my home network of 4 pc's (1 wired and 3 wireless)I have Zone Alarm on all 4,but you must make sure that you put in the other pc's IP address into the "trusted zone" in your case the IP address of your desktop must be in the trusted zone of your laptop and viceversa.hth.

igk 00:41 12 Apr 05

Re my last disregard "laptop" and "desktop" as I copied and pasted this from my answer to the same problem for someone else,all else is ok though.hth.

macyorky 21:16 12 Apr 05

have tried turning off both firewalls still no joy also tried connecting using cable still the same message access denied

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…