Can I use my iMac via airplay?

Jemmerson92 19:12 13 Mar 17

My iMac is in my spare room and I have an Apple TV in my living room. I know I can mirror my mac through the Apple TV, but can I control it through the Apple TV and essentially use my iMac through mirroring in the living room?

mgmcc 15:56 16 Mar 17

As far as I know, AirPlay is a one-way transfer of data. However, if your Apple TV is mirroring the screen, you may still be able to control the iMac in a different room using a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard - you could even have a duplicate set paired with the Mac. This would depend on the ability of any walls or ceilings between rooms to allow the Bluetooth signal through.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac