Bulldog customer can't get MAC from Pipex help

astra64 23:13 22 Sep 08

I have had a Bulldog broadband for quite a few years without any problems even though I am a heavy user. Since Pipex has taken over, my connection has been very unstable, to the point where I had no connection for as long as two days.I have made in excess of 50 calls to Pipex customer support in two weeks without successful resolution. BTW I became disabled two years ago so my life now, really is online, in addition I am also on benefits. So I decided to switch providers.
On my first attempt to get MAC code I was placated with money off my bill and even better deal in October.
On my second attempt, I was told that I can not get a MAC code, in fact no ex bulldog customer can get a MAC code because the system they use is incompatible with anyone else. I have to transfer my line back to BT, gave me a number, did that.
It turns out I will be without broadband for at least a week and obviously I will be paying twice as much for a lesser service from BT. Surely this cannot be right.
Please help
Astra

spuds 00:31 23 Sep 08

One of these might help
click here
click here
click here
click here

I would perhaps mention that Bulldog were taken over by Pipex, who were then taken over by Tiscali, who are now in re-negotiations for a buy-out with CarPhone Warehouse (Talk Talk).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…