Browser does not run Java applets

accord 17:14 30 Sep 04

Hello people

I am having trouble openign an online booking website becasue a message displays the following:

" Your browser does not run Java aplets, Please ensure that you have Java enabled in your browser in order to book seats."

I have looked at the settings on IE6 but cant find anything untoward.

Im using XP Home SP2, IE6 SP2.

As always. your help would be appreciated

alB 17:23 30 Sep 04

Here's a link to a Java test page, also gives instructions how to enable Java in IE6. ...alB click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:23 30 Sep 04

Tools -internet options -advanced -scroll down to java (sun) and tick box. close IE and then reconnect

Valvegrid 17:23 30 Sep 04

Do you have a link to the web site? Someone might be able to puzzle out if its asking for JavaScript or Java Sun.

One thing you may try is lowering your security settings a bit, I suspect installing SP2 may have set them high.

961 17:24 30 Sep 04

If you go to Tools > Internet options > Advanced you will be able to see if Java is enabled on your system

A more detailed examination can be found at click here which has links to several sites that will enable you to correct the problem

961 17:26 30 Sep 04

I should add that several security software systems such as Spywareblaster and Spybot search and destroy have a flashkiller enabled by default which will prevent many java systems running unless you switch it off

accord 17:28 30 Sep 04

Java option is not shown in "Advanced"

Link to website is abit difficult as you need to create an account to get to where i am stuck.

accord 17:30 30 Sep 04

sorry guys, im also running spywareblaster, adaware and spybot S&D. I'll look in the settings on these.

Noelg23 17:39 30 Sep 04

I had this problem at the beginning of the year and I went trying to get Java installed off the web...there is no option in IE to enable it...luckily I was working at BT Broadband so I decided to take one of our drivers CD for the modems...I got home and wahey the CD contains I installed and away she went...if you want you can email and I'll see if I can get one sorted for you. and dont worry bout the all those Spyware and adaware programs cos they wont affect it...

alB 17:40 30 Sep 04

Java option is not shown in "Advanced" ...maybe you have the Microsoft version, try tools, Intenet options,advanced, scroll down to MicrosoftVM, and make sure "Jit Compiler for virtual machine" has a tick in it, if not, tick the box and restart...alB

Valvegrid 17:40 30 Sep 04

Click on this link and tell us what it says: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…