Broken Macbook pro 60W MagSafe charger

thomr92 11:10 01 Jun 15

Hi,

I have a mid 2009 Macbook Pro (which is now apparently vintage) and yet another of my chargers has now broken. The wire became exposed near the base of the box and now wont charge the Mac at all. I really don't want to give Apple another £60 unless I have to so is there any way I could get this fixed? My dad is an electrician so if I could just buy the MacSafe wire he could try to attach it ti the box?

Also are non-Apple Chargers worth the risk? I have had one in the past and it lasted less than 6 months.

Any help at all here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thom.

Macworld 10:06 02 Jun 15

Have you had a look on eBay? You might be able to pick up a second hand one there. I'd be inclined to stick to a proper Apple charger, just because of the scare stories you hear about exploding laptops and iPhones when the wrong chargers are used. Also make sure that it's the right voltage - don't buy a US plug if you are in the UK (and any knock off chargers are unlikely to be for our voltage as the market wouldn't be big enough to justify making it).

HeziZalait 14:27 12 Jun 15

you can find here the charger you need

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…