Booting a 98 machine

The Dazza 22:35 27 Mar 05

Does anyone know how I can clear the following messages when booting up a 98 pc?
Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run windows or a windows application.

The windows registry or SYSTEM.INI file refers to this device file, but the device file no
longer exists.

If you deleted this file on purpose try uninstalling the associated application using its
uninstall or set up program.

If you still want to use the application associates with this device file try reinstalling
that application to replace the missing file.

vredir.vxd and msnp32.dll keep coming up too.

Thanks

alan227 22:40 27 Mar 05

Here is an answer for you.

click here

stalion 22:40 27 Mar 05

this is reffering to an uninstalled program,have you uninstalled anything recently?

The Dazza 22:47 27 Mar 05

alan - ta. stalion - Well basically it's a friends pc and they could well of uninstalled something recently, I'll ask.

THE TERMINATOR 00:39 28 Mar 05

You need to RUN msconfig, click on the SYSTEM.INI tab and delete the line that refers to the error program, you will not get the error anymore.

THE TERMINATOR 00:41 28 Mar 05

If they have uninstalled something, then the uninstaller hasn't done it's job properly that's all.

The Dazza 11:35 28 Mar 05

cheers TT I'll try that.

The Dazza 13:44 28 Mar 05

Thanks, that's brill :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…