Belkin/Norton/Macafee conflict

ts444 20:44 18 Nov 06

I have an Advent 7105, an existing Belkin wireless network, but cannot connect to network and therefore internet when Norton or Macafee are installed. Have tried both, and connect easily as soon as I uninstall them. Any ideas?

Probabilitydrive 20:48 18 Nov 06

Having two software firewalls can cause severe system instabilities. Unistall 1 security product and run only ONE firewall on your system.

SANTOS7 20:52 18 Nov 06

Cannot really answer your question but could be firewall related, and are not configured properly,

But can offer alternatives
click here

click here

both are free and are reccommended by most on this forum,good luck..

Probabilitydrive 21:00 18 Nov 06

ts444 to substantiate my previous posting.

"Should I use both the built-in firewall and a software firewall from a different company on my Windows XP computer?"

A. No. Running multiple software firewalls is unnecessary for typical home computers, home networking, and small-business networking scenarios. Using two firewalls on the same connection could cause issues with connectivity to the Internet or other unexpected behavior.

One firewall, whether it is the Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall or a different software firewall, can provide substantial protection for your computer.

Add this to your favourites click here

provider 2 21:35 18 Nov 06

I read somewhere that the Windows XP firewall cannot stop outbound traffic from malware such as a trojan on your pc. Surely it makes sense to have a firewall that can do that job as well as the built-in version?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…