Back to PC after 4 years of Mac. Drivers???

Mr. Matt 15:21 28 Aug 07

After four years I finally destroyed my Mac laptop. I spilled on it while moving, so instead of spending $750 +labor and data xfer to fix my semi-ancient iBook G4, I am purchasing a brand new HP Pavilion laptop.

I am an audio engineer by trade, and having a Mac made it extremely easy to use all of my peripherals, since there is no need to install drivers. Years ago, when I had a PC in college, I always had a hard time maintaining these things, and often used out-of-date ones that slowed me down, or installed new ones without uninstalling old ones, etc.

So what I'm looking for is a basic guide on driver maintenance. I have a few peripherals, like a USB MIDI keyboard and a firewire mixer, that I'll probably need to DL and update drivers for.

Is it in fact proper procedure to uninstall old drivers before installing new ones for the same device (keyboard, mixer, vid card, etc.)? Do I restart in between?

Any driver maintenance tips are appreciated.

-Matt

Snec 19:01 28 Aug 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…