AVG anti virus detects macros

Thanuseelan 22:09 02 Jan 03
  Thanuseelan 22:09 02 Jan 03

Recently I downloaded AVG's free anti virus software and I checked the box that said 'check macro viruses'. I did a complete test and low and behold half the files were said to have 'contains macros'.What are macros?, Will they harm my pc?,How can I get rid of them without deleting all these files?

Wak 22:19 02 Jan 03

Macros are usually short cuts created in programs.
You can create your own macros in word-processing progs etc.
Are the files with macros in them your own files or some which you downloaded???

VoG™ 22:23 02 Jan 03

Macros are bits of codes that you create typically in applications such as Word and Excel, either by "recording" your keystrokes or by setting out to write one. Macros are generally "good things" although it is possible to write malicious ones. If you have an up-to-date version of Excel it will warn you if a file contains macros.

If AVG simply tells you that some files have macros it's probably not a problem. If it is saying that it has found malicious macros that is different. Please can you clarify this.

Thanuseelan 22:44 02 Jan 03

AVG only says 'contains macros' at the specified files, but they mostly seem to be associated woith Ms Office. There is no mention of a bad word such as 'malicious'

Cheers VOG and WAK. funny how I get the feeling yuo are both the same people

VoG™ 22:48 02 Jan 03

Postings in stereo are quite common.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…