ASP.NET MACHINE A USER ACCOUNT- WOT IS THIS?

rotormota 12:04 13 Aug 05

Hi,

I noticed in my User Accounts I have acquired an account called ASP.NET Machine A...s. I don't know where this came from or when. Any ideas?

Also I installed a Maxtor One Touch external hard drive yesterday which is great but somewhere in the process it has altered my log on settings. For instance after not being on the PC for a while & then moving the mouse brings up the Windows XP log on screen whereby I have to click on my user account to get into the PC. Not a major thing but annoying as I have never had to do this before.

I wondered if all of the above was anything to do with my Maxtor installation as I saw it installing a whole load of administrative tools including Microsoft.NET Framework applications.

Thanks.
A

ACOLYTE 12:06 13 Aug 05

When u install net framwork it makes a user account,just delete the account i did and nothing untoward happened.

VoG II 12:07 13 Aug 05

You can safely delete that extra account from Control Panel | User Accounts.

For the login box try click here

rotormota 18:55 13 Aug 05

Cheers folks. VoG, your click link did the job.

Regards,
A

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…