Apps to Sync Outlook for mac & itunes library with Android SmartPhone

roger 19:12 PM 20 Jun 11

Hi all

I have an imac and until i recently lost it, an iphone which worked brilliantly with the imac. i am now thinking of getting an android smartphone but want to be sure that i will be able to sync my Outlook for mac contacts and calendar plus my iphones libraries on the imac with the phone. i have seen on line that there are a number of apps which claim to do that but i cannot tell how well they do it or which is the best.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, a reply posting will be much appreciated.

bremner 15:18 PM 21 Jun 11

An Android will not sync with iCal. I had to export my wifes the iCal calendar to Google Calendar then sync that.

Missing Sync will sync iCal with Android but costs. Click Here

roger 16:35 PM 21 Jun 11

Hi Bremner

I had come across Missing Sync so your mention of it gives it more credibility and i will investigate further.

Actually i will be syncing with Outlook for Mac and not ical.

Also, I did not mean iphones but iTunes - a world of difference. Hopefully that will work with Missing Sync. What do you think?

bremner 17:40 PM 21 Jun 11

Missing Sync certainly says it can sync iTunes with Android.

I used it when I had a Windows 6 phone to sync all my Mac calanders and contacts and it was fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11