"Applet x death"

Fateful Shadow 22:08 03 May 05

(Just to calm down my parents) I was using the RAC Route PLanner online when everything stopped responding and the status bar said the words "applet x death." It was a java applet being run, and once I used ctrl alt del to solve it everything was fine. Ran a virus scan...no problems. Was this just a status message to say it had crashed (My parents are certain it's a virus!)

gudgulf 22:55 03 May 05

Can't find anything about this message on any search engine....which makes me doubt it is either a common message or a virus/trojan.I would say that you are right in identifying a crashing application as the cause.If it's anything other than that you will be getting more of the same message I would expect.Might be worth running Hijack This though to make sure there is nothing untowards on your system.It would make your parents happier if nothing else.Also run the usual suspects for anti adware/malware.

Fateful Shadow 12:17 06 May 05

Looked on a few search engines too but I got nothing! Shall have a look when I get back home :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…