AppleIpod touch question

sunshine65 00:11 07 Sep 08

Hope I am in the right forum, but may I ask if I can use this player to access my emails and browse the web at home in conjuction with my wireless hub ? or do I have to use it away from home only ?.
Thank you.

pchelper001 08:42 07 Sep 08

You are able to use the iPod touch on your home wireless network as well as any network you can ever have access to. Mine seems to store infinite amounts of networks and hotspots to connect to at home and when I'm out and about.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:30 07 Sep 08

You can access and send your emails from your ISP's website and therefore you can access them from any free wi-fi access point (Wetherspoons/Starbucks etc.) IIRC there is not a pop3 mail client for the itouch yet but there are some weird and wonderful workarounds on the Net.

G

sunshine65 23:04 07 Sep 08

THank you for your replies, that is good news, I have now decided to buy one and start looking for the best price. As I am going to treat myself would you recommend the 8gb or the 16 gb ?. I have a couple of basic mp3 players , will an old oap be Ok with one do you think ?
Thanks.

powerless 23:44 07 Sep 08

I'd wait until Tuesday. click here

There is a pop3, imap and exchange client on the touch, Apple for some reason though decided to call it Mail. ;-)

sunshine65 19:24 19 Sep 08

Thank you folks, today I have bought the Ipod 8gb,second generation. now I have to find out how it works, it certainly looks magical.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…