apple, who the hell is John Lark

JWHT 18:28 25 Dec 05

Hey all merry xmas, well today I at last got my hands on my much awaited 4gb nano, i opened the box and turned it over to inspect the engaving when i saw that it said "John Lark" and then some phone number opposed to what it should of said which was Jht. I even ordered this myself and they put a totally wrong engraving on! So I rang the guys number on the back and it was some guy from Kent who had also recieved a 4gb nano for xmas his also had the same engraving as mine. The apple website says:

"Please make sure that everything is spelled correctly as engraved iPods can't be returned."
-from iPod nano engraving page...

"Please note that Apple does not permit the return of or offer refunds for the following products:

Product that is custom configured to your specifications
Opened memory
Opened software*
Electronic software downloads
Personalized iPods
Software Up to Date Program Products (SW upgrades"
-Apple's Sales and Refunds Policy

surely I am entitled to a replacement as this is totally their fault, I am going to take to the apple store at the trafford centre tomorrow, I no longer want a engraving after what has happened, do you think they would be willing to replace it their for me?

GaT7 18:31 25 Dec 05

Yes, this is clearly their mistake, but do you have documented proof that you asked for a Jht engraving & not "John Lark"? G

JWHT 18:41 25 Dec 05

just the email confirming my order, its says what the engraving should of been on this, do you think the apple store will exchange the ipod there, because I have had problems with apples repair service and dispatch etc in the past and I don't really want to wait

realist 19:22 25 Dec 05

If the thing has been wrongly engraved with someone else's name and phone number you obviously have a valid claim for a replacement from whoever you ordered it from.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…