Apple - two app recommendations please.

MrNewName 16 Jun 11

I've been given an iPhone 4 and am pretty impressed with it!

Now I just need two more apps to complete my transition from my E71.

First of all, I need one that will display my upcoming appointments on the homescreen.

The second is an email client that will tell me when I have new mail in my gmail account.

I've looked in the app store but there are thousands so I'd prefer a personal recommendation.

Thanks,

Kevin

bremner 16 Jun 11

You can add a gmail account to the built in Mail program.

The iCal can also be set to put alerts onto the desktop.

MrNewName 16 Jun 11

Thanks bremmer.

I have gmail added but I don't get notifications of new mail - is there something I should tick? A guide to setting it up correctly would be helpful.

I'll take a look at iCal and see what I find.

Cheers.

jaritch 16 Jun 11

Hi Iphone is now able to receive gmail instantly with notifications beside the e-mail icon. When ios 5 comes out in the autumn notifications will be more advanced and will cover things like calender etc. even on the lock screen. To set up your gmail properly follow this http://www.video-to-ipads.com/tips/how-to-setup-push-gmail-on-ipad-iphone.html

MrNewName 16 Jun 11

Thanks jaritch; I'll take a look in the morning.

Cheers.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message