Apple rolls out new Macs

TOPCAT® 19:07 18 Nov 03

Core! click here TC. :o)

Forum Editor 21:22 18 Nov 03

How kind of you to ask;now let me see....................

TOPCAT® 22:35 18 Nov 03

So, it's a case of apples you want, right? Cox's or Russetts?

Forum Editor 23:11 18 Nov 03

I suppose, but then Russets are superb with a nice Cheddar as well. Decisions, decisions.

Forum Editor 23:15 18 Nov 03

Apple are (in my opinion) within an inch of capturing a larger chunk of the market. Their machines are so good, and they certainly know how to make an object of desire, but those prices!

Surely it must be possible to deliver technology of this quality at a competitive price? Evidently not, because many people have been saying the same thing for years, and still you almost need a second mortgage for a top-end Mac setup.

Djohn 23:44 18 Nov 03

You've both made me feel hungry.

So I'm now sat here with a nice "Golden delicious" sliced into four pieces, a stick of Ice cold celery with a little salt, and a slab of golden Cheddar! :o)

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:24 19 Nov 03

Will the machines have XP or Longhorn on them?

G

TOPCAT® 18:16 19 Nov 03

'Apple also rolled out versions of its professional software programs Final Cut Pro 4, Shake 3, and DVD Studio Pro 2 that have been optimised for the 64-bit G5 processor and the latest version of Mac OS X, which is called Panther.' so I guess the answer is neither.

FE

It can be argued that Apple’s computers offer a superior user experience, but a potential buyer will not know about this user experience if they have never used the product, like yours truly. And because of the pricing they might just choose to steer clear.

In some circles they're known as the Rolls-Royce of computers and have many dedicated users who are prepared to pay the price demanded. That this is too high I have to agree, but if sales remain buoyant then the prices will hardly fall lower. It's what good business is all about, I'm afraid.

I hope your dream wish comes true, Peter, and Christmas brings you a very nice surprise. :o) TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…