Apple iworks or Microsoft Office?

Tiggy-Tiger 19:11 22 Nov 05

I already have a deshtop with microsoft XP installed. I am now looking to get a wireless laptop and at a local computer store they have been trying to convince me to go with 'Apple'.
The software looks very different by 'pages' seems to be very user friendly.
Should i stick with microsoft???? Any advice please.

ana_girl 19:42 22 Nov 05

microsoft is fairly good.but apple is much better for me.from my experience with pcs for the past 1 1/2 years and macintoshes have less problems compared to microsoft =)

powerless 20:08 22 Nov 05

There is a difference in Windows and Apple in case you didn't know. A whole different operating system to learn, although I found it fairly straight forward to use.

Apple seem be having a promotion in that 50% off MS office when you buy a new Mac. click here

The iWork suite consists of PAGES and KEYNOTE...Pages is like a word/publisher hybrid and Keynote is like Powerpoint. Very easy to use and you can easily modify the default templates to make your own stuff.

Kate B 11:05 23 Nov 05

I've got a Windows desktop and an Apple laptop - an iBook - and I can't recommend them highly enough. They're excellent for a second computer - even for a first, frankly. Mine is more than a year old and has never crashed; they now all come with a wi-fi card so will connect painlessly to any existing wireless network you have and they just damn work. Furthermore, there's no need to spend ages keeping antispyware, AV and other such software up to date because there is virtually no nastyware for Macs.

There's a version of MS Office for Macs or you could use the Mac version of OpenOffice.

The differences between Windows and Mac are largely cosmetic to the end-user (though they're very different under the hood) and you shouldn't have any trouble at all picking it up.

I recently wrote a feature about the choice between Windows and Macs - it's not online because I haven't got my act together and put it on my websiet - but if you email me I'll send you the copy if you'd like to read it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…