Apple iPod

Bingalau 14:51 07 Dec 05

If I buy an Apple iPod, am I confined to only using iTunes when downloading music etc.? Bingalau

ade.h 15:27 07 Dec 05

I think there are a few sites, mostly from the US, that sell AAC files now. I can't remember their names, though. See what a web search throws up.

ade.h 15:30 07 Dec 05

I'm pretty certain that I saw them mentioned on The Gadget Show recently, but the site's links page changes weekly so they've gone.

Bingalau 15:30 08 Dec 05

Thanks for help folks. I thought I had sent an answer to this thread but somehow I must have missed doing so...Perhaps I have posted it on another site by accident? Hope not, I don't want the FE after me. Is "iTunes" just confined to AAC files then? I must confess I need instruction in the difference in files. If anyone is inclined to tell me how they work can they keep it, like me, simple?
Bingalau..

bremner 16:27 08 Dec 05

You can use mp3 in iTunes as well as AAC

Bingalau 17:06 08 Dec 05

Great..Thanks for that folks... It was all I wanted to know...Bingalau

Kate B 12:43 09 Dec 05

If you're talking about managing the iPod, no, you don't have to use iTunes. I like Xplay but there's Ephpod, too.

Bingalau 15:39 09 Dec 05

Thanks for the comments ade.h; bremner and Kate B. All appreciated .. Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to all.. Bingalau

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…