Apple Ipad Virus Software

audeal 10:51 07 Nov 14
Answered

Hi All

I have just purchased a used Apple Ipad mini 64gb Wi-Fi + cellular from the internet and I am very happy with it. But as this Operating System (updated to 8.1) is new to me I do not know much about the software which I can put on the Ipad.

I have been searching for a virus and firewall program, so I would like to ask if anyone can advise me on this important subject.

Also, is it possible to download software and install it (like the PC) other than what is in the App Store, if so, where can I download it from.

I will appreciate any help given. audeal.

Jollyjohn 12:44 07 Nov 14

See here click here from Apple re Anti Virus on an iPad.

If the software you want is not in the App store then it is probably not available for an iPad. I would be very suspicious of software not in the App Store.

Woolwell 12:52 07 Nov 14
Answer

Further to Jollyjohn - Do not get any app that is not in the app store. The recent problems in China are mainly from apps obtained from third party app stores.

I don't have anti-virus on my iPad and have never had a problem. Most of the major anti-virus companies make an app. Firewall is not necessary. The iPad comes with good child protection.

audeal 14:25 07 Nov 14

Hi jollyjohn. Thanks for that link, it made ineresting reading.

Hi Woolwell. thanks for your comments. at 70 years of age I don't think that child protection is an issue as my Offspring left the nest many "moons" ago.

I will take all comments on board and obtain all my apps from the App Store. I will also stop worrying about viruses. My mind is now at ease.

Many Thanks for the help. I will now close this thread.

audeal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…