apple imac g3 700

northy 22:50 18 Jan 03
  northy 22:50 18 Jan 03

can anyone please advise me ,how to get a cd out ,that is stuck in my drive,the softwear has been placed in the wrong order . ie, upgrade before ,operating anyone familiar with this problem.

Forum Editor 22:59 18 Jan 03

If the imac is running you should be able to eject the CD by dragging it into the trashcan. If this isn;t possible, there's a tiny hole on the CD drive - straighten a paperclip and gently push it into the hole. When you feel resistance, push harder and the drive will eject the CD.

northy 23:22 18 Jan 03

sorry no trash can ,operating system not yet installed ,also the mac cd rom ,is not like most others that have the small hole for ejection purposes
many thanks anyway

Forum Editor 23:31 18 Jan 03

I presume you've tried booting the iMac whilst holding down the mouse button?

Some iMac drives have a flap that opens. Inside you'll see a small white nylon gear cog. To the left of this cog is a tiny rectangular hole. Push the paperclip into this, and when the CD starts to move out, grasp it and pull it slowly until it is fully ejected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…