Apple I mac

SCALELY 19:57 24 Jun 14

I am thinkng of buying an Apple 27inch I mac , are they reliable? as a business work horse ?

Woolwell 22:27 24 Jun 14

Apple products are generally well built but that doesn't mean that they don't ever fail.

wee eddie 11:06 25 Jun 14

Is the Software you use, Mac compatible?

As Woolwell says, the impression is, but there is little way of confirming, that the build quality more reliable than PCs

Woolwell 11:09 25 Jun 14

Which put Apple at top of reliability for brand.

Pine Man 11:49 25 Jun 14

I have just bought an iMac and software isn't going to be such an issue as I first thought.

I have been using MS Office and the iMac has it's own equivalent of Word, Excel and Powerpoint already loaded. All can read MS created documents and save in MS format as well.

Mac software drivers are readily available for download for existing hardware such as printers etc.

Photoshop Elements comes with software for both Windows and Mac.

If there is important Windows software that is not available for Macs a program called parallels allows you to run Windows on the Mac in a separate window with the windows programs you can't do without.

SCALELY 18:53 25 Jun 14

Thank you for your comments everybody who responed to my question, I think i'll take a chance on an I Mac.

Scaley

HondaMan 20:22 25 Jun 14

Let us know how you get on!

bremner 15:00 28 Jun 14

I am on my third iMac, a 27" i bought at Easter. The first two i had for over 5 years each with only a graphics card issue on the 2nd after 4 years.

The new one is as good running Windows as OSX but I rarely do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…