AOL will not give mac code

Liza 00:48 AM 11 Aug 11

AOL will not give me a mac code. I have been phoning and also writing but they wont budge. I previously wrote to them that I want to go before my contract finishes in November. They said I must pay £26 odd and they will then cancel. When I applied in the meanwhile to another provider they have asked me for a mac code without which I cannot join them. What must I do. I believe Ofcom will not do anything without a 8 week complaint to the provider. Liza

mgmcc 07:48 AM 11 Aug 11

If you're bound by a contract that runs until November, you will have to buy yourself out of the remaining part (at the cost of £26) so the contract can be cancelled and your MAC key issued.

They aren't going to issue the MAC so you can go to another provided while you're still under contract to them.

morddwyd 10:07 AM 11 Aug 11

Agree with mgmcc.

Don't think there's a lot you can do until the contract is ended.

If you want to do that early you must still pay any fees due before the end of the contract

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…