AOL + Mac = Crash

roosterscriber 20:15 20 Mar 04

I have an iMac with 160MB ram and 266 MHz. It's about 4 or 5 years old. I have Mac OS 9.2. Problem I'm having is that AOL craashes a lot. It either will suddenly quit entirely or freeze up and lose the connection. In the latter case I may be able to force quit or else I am forced to restart the computer. I have had this problem both with a dial up modem and now with a cable modem. It crashes like this sometimes when I web surf probably because it takes too much memory I guess. I have called AOL tech support until I know more about it then they do. I have trashed prefs till hell has frozen over but the problem doesn't go away. I have not upgraded my software because there is no upgrade for system 9. Any ideas?

niknax 20:53 20 Mar 04

what version of aol are you using?

Nik

roosterscriber 21:10 20 Mar 04

am using AOL 5.0 because with OS 9.2 you can't use a more updated version.

niknax 21:13 20 Mar 04

yes just remembered that!! i'v only had my mac for 6 months driving me mad!! always had pc's. anyway sorry i can't help you on this one!! have you tried the click here i'm sure they will find a solution!!

Nik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced