Anyone know about Barcrest fruit machines?

rodriguez 00:54 03 Jul 06

My mate bought a fruit machine from a pub that had previously been broke into. When they broke into the machine they broke the bottom front section out and pulled out the hopper from inside to get the money out. There is a cable coming from the hopper that has a plug on the end with 5 holes, a blocked hole and then 8 holes. Anyone know where this plugs into? We took apart his other machine which was made by Mazooma and the hopper plugs into the part where the coins drop in, but in the Barcrest machine we can't find anywhere for the hopper to plug into. Any diagrams of the circuit boards in Barcrest machines or info about how they're built and repaired would be appreciated.

Shortstop 10:09 03 Jul 06

Hi,

I used to deal with Barcrest on a customer level.

I don't have the information you need, but have you tried calling them on 0161 344 1000 for help? They will need SN & model details.

HTH

Paul

Hi
if the manufacturers aren't very forthcoming
try fruitemu.com thier forums are quite comprehensive and there are a few well clued up guys on there who will be able to help you.

rodriguez 12:07 04 Jul 06

Cheers I posted on fruitemu and I'm getting some responses :-D

Mad Gilbert 12:56 04 Jul 06

Having worked in this area for a while I suggest you take the Barcrest and horse it in a skip. We've always found them to be unreliable and difficult to repair.

I don't know why English pubs tend to have fruit machines in them (well, they make money I guess) they tend to catch the eye in a most annoying fashion, I hope that Irish pubs remain a generally fruit machine free zone.

paterson 11:25 21 Oct 11

my barcrest red gaming fruit machine just turned itself off now it wont come back on any solutions thanks .

birdface 14:31 21 Oct 11

Brilliant you sign into the forum just to open a 5 year old thread to let us know that your fruit machine is not working.

Maybe open another thread of your own to see if someone can help.

barmybuckle 14:44 21 Oct 11

buteman

Boo hoo, what difference does it make if he opens a new thread or not?

interzone55 15:24 21 Oct 11

barmybuckle

a) most people simply look at the date of the first post then ignore the rest of the thread

b) it's plain bad manners to hi-jack someone-elses thread

c) if peterson started a new thread they would get emails to inform them of any responses, by tagging onto an old thread they won't

Quickbeam 17:38 21 Oct 11

If it hasn't paid out the jackpot yet in the thread's 6 years, I'd break into myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now