Any apple experts

iqs 14:27 PM 25 Aug 12

Hi, I bought a second hand mini mac yesterday ,running snow leopard . The previous owner reinstalled the os, but his name appears on the login screen. I have changed the user account to my name,but it still states his nam. I have tried changing it via the sharing option,but this is more to do with the local network. This is my first mac,and would require some help from an expert please. Also is there a web site which can teach os x to a windows educated only person. Thank you

northumbria61 14:41 PM 25 Aug 12

I am not a MAC user but this may help to get you going - enter link description here

northumbria61 14:43 PM 25 Aug 12

Maybe this is better - enter link description here

northumbria61 14:50 PM 25 Aug 12

Maybe you need to create a NEW Account for yourself and then delete the OLD one with the previous name on. I can't be sure and I am only "filling in" until you can maybe get a MAC "expert" on here - If you want to delete an account here's how enter link description here

Robbiecollie 16:42 PM 25 Aug 12

Hi this link will give detailed information

iqs 13:48 PM 26 Aug 12

Hi, Thanks for the help,will go through the links this evening,many thanks again all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…