Anti Virus for Apple Mac

Monoux 14:52 19 Dec 05

I am trying go help a friend who has an Apple Mac notebook. He wants Anti virus and a firewall. Does anyone know good( preferably free) ones for an Apple Mac please

medicine hat 15:23 19 Dec 05

Are there any OS X viruses?

You could try this click here

Mytob 15:26 19 Dec 05

try ClamXav click here . this is a port of clamav for linux and should do just as good a job as the linux one. i use the linux and windows port of it and highly recomend it as it is opensource and has a exelent av definition base updated several times a day on ocasions but usualy only once.

powerless 15:26 19 Dec 05

I don't run AV or a firewall on my Mac.

Mytob 15:27 19 Dec 05

grr u beat me to it lol :)

Mytob 15:29 19 Dec 05

you should defonatly run a firewall av is not so nesisary as there are so few viri for the mac as with linux but hackers are still a big thret on linux and mac to. does mac use a root password and low level users like linux out of interest?

powerless 15:55 19 Dec 05

The firewall thing has been done many times before on here :-( But I still don't use one!

Macs has those levels yes.

Mytob 16:27 19 Dec 05

the only firewall that comes to mind it norton but well thats is rather micky mouse to say the least and costs alot too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…