Answering Machine

maz2 10:42 22 Jun 04

Anyone know of a site where I can get a reasonably priced one of these, it's for my Mother she has to have a separate phone because she's hard of hearing so has a phone with an amplifier, just looking for a basic model reasonably priced Thanks

Stuartli 10:55 22 Jun 04

Key in "Telephones" into google and you will come up with dozens of websites.

spuds 11:25 22 Jun 04

Check the Argos or Index catalogue.If you purchase from either place, and it is not suitable to your mothers needs, then you can take it back within 16 days.May pay to consider a combined phone with answer machine.

maz2 12:18 22 Jun 04

Thanks I just thought that someone would know a reliable web site maybe where they've shopped before anyway I'll nip to Argos later and get one Thanks again

Stuartli 13:15 22 Jun 04

Not the sort of thing you buy on a regular basis...:-)

I have a BT Response 50 which I bought at least 10 years ago.

I bought it at the Preston outlet of Cash Converters, a franchised modern version of pawn/cash for goods shops found throughout the UK.

The original owner probably got about £10 for it; I paid £25 for an answering machine in first class condition and still in use.

It is a fascinating shop as you never know what is going to be on sale and the prices are well below what would normally be paid for used goods.

mole44 08:19 23 Jun 04

if she is on NTL the do a free one dial 1571 and then they will tell you how to active it

g0slp 08:39 23 Jun 04

Works on BT too

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…