Analog CCTV record to Imac

cpn 23:19 09 Jul 12
Answered

Hi Is it possible to schedule, record and edit CCTV from an analog signal to an iMac The Ariel plug is a standard coaxial type

woodchip 23:48 10 Jul 12

Why not just use a Web Cam then do it from that

cpn 09:30 11 Jul 12

Hi woodchip Thanks for your reply The problem is I live in an apartment and are not allowed to erect any additional cameras and therefore can only use the existing cctv analog signal

woodchip 10:03 11 Jul 12

don't know about setting it to times but you can buy a capture device that will connect a TV type plug to USB and get video off that. your problem may be using an iMac

Click Hear

cpn 13:10 28 Jul 12

Thanks woodchip Sorry for my delayed response, been on holiday. Now that I know what to look for I will see what I can find. As you say the iMac could be a problem. Many thanks CPN

cpn 13:10 28 Jul 12

Thanks woodchip Sorry for my delayed response, been on holiday. Now that I know what to look for I will see what I can find. As you say the iMac could be a problem. Many thanks CPN

cpn 13:11 28 Jul 12

cpn 10:32 08 Aug 12
Answer

Unable to find a capture device that solves the problem and I suspect that I may be seeking something that does not exist. However many thanks for all your advice and information

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to Draw Realistic Female Superheroes

Best Mac security tips: 11 maximum security tricks to keep your Mac safe