Analog CCTV record to Imac

cpn 09 Jul 12
Answered

Hi Is it possible to schedule, record and edit CCTV from an analog signal to an iMac The Ariel plug is a standard coaxial type

woodchip 10 Jul 12

Why not just use a Web Cam then do it from that

cpn 11 Jul 12

Hi woodchip Thanks for your reply The problem is I live in an apartment and are not allowed to erect any additional cameras and therefore can only use the existing cctv analog signal

woodchip 11 Jul 12

don't know about setting it to times but you can buy a capture device that will connect a TV type plug to USB and get video off that. your problem may be using an iMac

Click Hear

cpn 28 Jul 12

Thanks woodchip Sorry for my delayed response, been on holiday. Now that I know what to look for I will see what I can find. As you say the iMac could be a problem. Many thanks CPN

cpn 28 Jul 12

Thanks woodchip Sorry for my delayed response, been on holiday. Now that I know what to look for I will see what I can find. As you say the iMac could be a problem. Many thanks CPN

cpn 28 Jul 12

cpn 08 Aug 12
Answer

Unable to find a capture device that solves the problem and I suspect that I may be seeking something that does not exist. However many thanks for all your advice and information

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message