Air or Pro the oldest question of them all...

roysterdoyster 19:11 27 May 15

Here in Germany there is a difference of about 250 yoyos between the 13" Air and Pro.

So, basically do I go for the Air and buy an external monitor with the saved money or is it Retina all the way?

I am a teacher who works 10 month contracts around the world and primarily need a laptop to teach online, watch media and some occasional light photo editing. I know the screen quality of the Air is not that good, however the percentage of time using that screen versus an external monitor would be minimal.

Or, as some online sources state, do you think the Air is entering its retirement phrase? If so would the Retina be a more worthy investment especially in future proofing.

roysterdoyster 19:16 27 May 15

Forgot to say, what is the fan noise like on the Air when plugged into an external monitor? For example media consumption...

wee eddie 22:20 27 May 15

Hold your horses until Apple bring out their competitor for the Surface Pro. It's coming.

Macworld 10:09 28 May 15

We have this article that looks at exactly that over on Macworld: click here screen of the Air doesn't just lack the retina quality of the pro, it's not really a very good screen at all, but the size and portability of the Mac make up for that in many ways, and if you aren't going to be displaying works of art on the screen it may not really matter to you. And if it does, it's fine when plugged into an external monitor.

The Pro offers a lot more for your money though, and it's not a whole lot heavier... We are inclined towards the Pro although we love the Air (it's what I have at home).

The

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…