Adding MacBook to Windows 7 Homegroup network

ltearmann 22:11 PM 14 Jun 13

I've replaced a very old pc laptop and I would like the MacBook to be able to wirelessly use the printer as the old laptop did. Is this possible even though they are different OSs? If so, would some one give me a step by step, idiot's guide or point me in the right direction for such a guide? Many thanks. Cheers, Noeleen

Robbiecollie 04:43 AM 15 Jun 13

Hi go to system preferences then in the hardware area click on print and scan and you will see a + sign click that and yor printer will show up making sure that it is switched on whilst doing this

ltearmann 12:37 PM 15 Jun 13

Hi Robbie. Thanks for the reply. I have done that and can see the printer on the laptop. The pc (Win 7) is on and so is the printer but when I try to print something it asks me for the name and password for the printer. Where can I find those? I think I must be quite close to getting this to work so it is very frustrating! I've plundered through the old XP laptop but can't find any dialogue box with these details. Any ideas? Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

HDR video: Everything you need to know

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know