£269 Apple iPhone on 9 November

paul trotter 11:04 18 Sep 07

Details of iPhone's UK release have finally been announced.

click here

There are a couple of nice inclusions - such as a deal with The Cloud for access to 7,500 UK hotspots - but still no 3G access.

Will the iPhone be on your Christmas list?

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:02 18 Sep 07

It is not even in the same league or era as the N95...so, no thanks.

G

simonjary 12:29 18 Sep 07

3G would have been great. But do I wait for that, or get one in November. I have a month to fret about it...

g0slp 12:48 18 Sep 07

Looking at the contract charges that are being quoted, plus the cost of this gadget, it's not exactly appealing.

I'll pass...

cream. 12:56 18 Sep 07

I just need a mobile phone that does phone calls and the odd text message.

So no,I'll stick with my 3 year old basic nokia;-)

Monument 13:11 18 Sep 07

I agree with Gandalf

One has an ancient creaking Symbian interface from another era and the other is an iPhone.

Diodorus Siculus 14:20 18 Sep 07

Soem guy on the radio just called it "the ultimate posing device". There are probably better phones out there, better organisers and better MP3 players. Whether they all roll well into one device is a different question.

I'm more than happy with my HTC S710 :)

click here

powerless 14:48 18 Sep 07

If it had 3G then I would be tempted.

But 30% EDGE coverage........

p.s. iPod touch order is till active so no iPhone for me.

Forum Editor 18:01 18 Sep 07

They've already reduced the price of the phone by a third in America, and you don't do that if a product is flying off the shelves as fast as you can make it.

The iPhone's inability to use 3G is a serious handicap, and an 18 month contract at £35 a month and rising isn't the biggest come-on I've seen, even if you can access 7500 hotspots. I'm not even lukewarm about this product, and apart from the 'Apple' effect, which will have lots of people buying it simply because of the hype, I predict a gloomy future for it.

Now that I've nailed my colours to the masthead, feel free to make me suffer when it rockets to the top of the Christmas 'must have' chart.

STREETWORK 18:47 18 Sep 07

What's an I-phone???

Forum Editor 19:09 18 Sep 07

I see you chose to ignore paul trotter's link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5