PhraseExpress is a clever text replacement tool that adds productivity-boosting features to almost every Windows application.
It can automatically expand commonly used phrases, for instance. Type "adr" and the program can replace it with your address; enter "sig" and it could be expanded to your regular signature. You're able to create as many phrases as you need, and they'll work in most Windows programs.
Automatic spell check is another useful benefit. There's nothing to set up, no options to configure, PhraseExpress simply works in the background, monitoring whatever you type, and correcting any errors as they appear. And again, this works everywhere, in Notepad, all browsers, wherever you type blocks of text.
There's a clipboard cache, which keeps track of everything you've pasted into the clipboard recently. If you'd pasted a lengthy URL to the clipboard, say, then accidentally overwritten it with something else, this isn't a problem. Just right-click the PhraseExpress system tray icon, click Clipboard Express and select the URL from the list.
The program also recognises repetitive text automatically, and can complete full sentences for you. A macro facility carries out special tasks just by typing text shortcuts, so for instance you might type "word" to launch Microsoft Word. And a comprehensive settings dialog ensures you can customise every aspect of PhraseExpress to work exactly as you'd like.
What's new in v10?
- Popup Search. Trigger a popup and type a few characters of a phrase you need and...boom, there it is.
- Microsoft SQL Server Support. Can now connect to Microsoft SQL servers for company-wide access to your template databases.
- Version History. The new PhraseExpress Enterprise Edition keeps track of any change including the editor's name:
- Outlook Add-In. The new Outlook Add-In integrates PhraseExpress with Microsoft Outlook.
- New Formatted Text Engine. PhraseExpress macro functions now also work in formatted phrases.
- WYSIWIG Input Forms. Formatted text can now contain interactive WYSIWIG forms.
- Validation of manual input. PhraseExpress can now validate user input to prevent syntax errors.
- Enhanced Data Import. Entire file directories containing multiple text and bitmap files can now be imported into PhraseExpress.
....and much much more.