The program comes with templates for the speedy creation of HTML. CSS, WML, PHP and ASP documents, for instance. And it's easy to extend HTMLPad with additional templates of your own.
At the core of the program, of course, is a very advanced and highly configurable text editor, that features both UTF-8 and UTF-16 Unicode support. But although HTMLPad is text based rather than WYSIWYG, HTML and CSS documents still get a very handy live preview window, which displays an updated view of your site as you make changes.
As you complete your work, a spellchecker and integration with CSE HTML Validator all help to ensure that your document is error-free. And when you're done, integrated FTP support means you can publish files directly to an FTP or SFTP server, then view them online.
HTMLPad 2015 brings:
- Improved text editor (indent lines/ guides, quick colour preview, 25 new syntax highlighting colour schemes)
- Updated built-in Chrome preview
- Improved FTP/ SFTP/ FTPS (tree view for browsing with drag/ drop support, upload whole directories to FTP, rRecursive CHMOD for whole directories)
- Easy plugin installation from web-based repository
- Many other fixes and updates