When choosing a graphics package it is important to select the right tool for the job. Opt for too basic a program and you may find that you do not have access to all of the tools you need, while opting for a program which is more advanced can mean a steep learning curve and great expense. Artweaver positions itself neatly between the two, being both powerful and instantly accessible for users of all levels of ability.
Full support for layers and a wide variety of brushes, along with a range of effects filters, means that Artweaver provides you with everything you need to get started on creative ventures. Brushes are highly configurable so they can be tailored to very specific tasks while support for transparency and the Photoshop PSD format means that it is not only possible to generate very impressive results, it is also possible to work with files that have been created in other programs.
A graphics tablet can be used with Artweaver to allow for greater control over the tools provided, and completed projects can be saved in a variety of popular formats. Upgrading to the paid for Plus version of the program adds support for Photoshop plugins, and the saving and playback of onscreen events - this can be used to demonstrate techniques to others. With the Artweaver Plus, large documents can be created and a great degree of control over brushes is available.
Artweaver Free v4 ships with these new features/fixes:
- Native 64 bit version and improved support for multiple CPU cores
- New tabbed document interface (TDI) instead of a multiple document interface (MDI)
- Revised and improved icons
- Preview images of brush presets can be customized by own images
- Many tools show useful information directly on the canvas while using them
- Crop tool darkens document area outside the crop rectangle for a better visual feedback
- Shape tool now supports more complex custom shapes and includes many new custom shapes
- Custom palettes support presets commands and command order is configurable
- The team token locking has been replaced by an automatic locking
- New brush profile: Soft
- New brush settings: Merge mode and Merge opacity
-mNew layer blend mode: Overlay
- New effect filters: Portrait, Dithering, Video, Difference Clouds and Custom
- Support for Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) devices which replaces Twain