Program uninstallers are notorious for leaving behind traces of programs you are trying to uninstall. Over time this can lead to a huge amount of wasted hard drive space as well as raft of unnecessary entries clogging up the registry. Total Uninstall is an uninstallation utility that ensures that all traces of unwanted programs are removed.
The program can be used in one of two ways. The first option is to use Total Uninstall to remove unwanted programs which are already on your hard drive. The program will analyse installed programs and determine the best way to go about removing software and any associated files.
But the best way to use Total Uninstall is to use it to monitor software installations. If you do this, the program is able to keep a log file of any changes a particular program makes to your computer so they can be easily reversed when you choose to uninstall it.
If you have a large number of programs installed, Total Uninstall has a search facility that can be used instead of having to manually search through a list of software. The program provides one of the most complete methods of software removal available, helping to ensure that your hard drive only contains what you want it to.
Build 6.5.0 ships with these new features/fixes:
- Backup programs with system information to make them transferable.
- Restore profiles to control each restoration aspect.
- Restore can import backups created on other systems (transfer programs to new PC).
- Undo a restored program. Useful to cancel an unsuccessful transferred program.
- Installed programs: Improved analysis.
- Automatic switch to a non aggressive registry access in antivirus protected areas to avoid the denied access error.
- New translation: Slovenian; Updated translation: Spanish, Koreean.
- Monitored programs: Fix for a possible corrupted system snapshot on busy systems with more than 4GB RAM