Whether you're an expert photographer with a top quality camera, or just happy to snap away with your mobile, it doesn't take long to build up a big collection of digital photos. So why keep them to yourself? Install jAlbum and it'll help you build stunning web albums in just a few minutes, then you can share the results with friends and family just by sending them your album URL.
You'll need to create a Jalbum account first, but that only takes a moment, and there's nothing to pay. After that, simply drag and drop your favourite photos onto Jalbum. Choose your favourite skin in the "Skin and style" box, click Make jAlbum > Preview, and a browser window will open to show your album.
If you'd like to try another design, then close the window and select another skin. Otherwise, click Publish, and Jalbum will upload your photos to its web server. Again, it's very easy, no hassles over entering server names, passwords or anything else, you just sit back and watch the progress bar as it reports each file transferred.
Once your photos are online then Jalbum will give you a link that you can pass to friends, so they can also view your work. Web counters will show you which photos get the most attention, and visitors can even leave comments to let you know what they think of their favourite shots.
Note that since JAlbum 12, there's no ad-sponsered free version. It's now provided as a trial.
JAlbum 12.5 is a minor update, with these changes:
- Free update for all jAlbum 12 license holders
- Supports upcoming licenses with 12 months support & update plan
- Performance improvements to ftp uploader (less verbose communication)
- Deleting albums from ftp servers (not ours) is now faster due to use of multiple connections.
- Uploads to external ftp servers now kicks off faster. The initial delay when the UI was frozen has now been replaced by an instant dialogue with progress spinners and the ability to cancel.
- Built-in watchdog that triggers the generation of a "thread-dump.txt" file and attempts to unlock the UI if the UI ever hangs for more than 20 sec. (Disabled by default. Enable under Preferences->Advanced)
- Some improvements to the ftp4j ftp client library
- "Print selected" plugin improved to support multi line captions and also print videos and folders
- Developers: API change: AlbumObject.loadImage() now also loads images for videos (the representing image)
- Several languages updated. Thank you dear translators!