Email is now one of the world's primary means of correspondence and this means that most of us have hundreds if not thousands of emails in our inboxes. It is likely that, particularly in the case of personal correspondence, you would like to keep most if not all of these emails, but this can lead to a burgeoning inbox that slows down your email client and makes it difficult to find individual messages.
MailStore Home is an email archival program that makes it possible to backup emails from multiple clients so they are available in one handy location. This is particularly useful if you use more than one email address, one or more of which may be a web based email account.
The program can backup email from Outlook, Thunderbird, Yahoo!, Gmail and a number of other clients and services. All of your emails are stored in one central location which can be searched, browsed and backed up to CD or DVD. This is a very handy option for when you need to reinstall Windows as it means you do not have to worry about manually exporting your emails to create a backup.
Messages that have been backed up can be previewed in the program and opened in your default mail client and there are a range of export options available. With secure storage and account-wide searching, MailStore Home provides a great way to store your old emails and free up your inbox.
MailStore Home 8.1 ships with these new features:
- It is now possible to use regular expressions in the folder include and exclude lists, making the folder selection much more flexible.
- Improved Exchange Server: MailStore now comes with a global option to skip messages which are marked as infected (disabled by default), rather than to write an error to the archiving report
- Improved Better error handling for broken messages in MAPI format (Outlook MSG)
- Improved Workaround for a bug in Gmail that causes the IMAP PERMANENTFLAGS to contain invalid characters
- Improved The "verify" maintenance command now writes more detailled error information
- Fixed Exchange Server: Some item-level errors in Exchange Web Services (e.g. "ErrorVirusDetected") may cause the archiver to skip the remaining messages in the folder
- Fixed An error message is shown when cancelling the deletion of a large folder
- Fixed MailStore Home uninstallation fails if a language other than English or German is selected
- Fixed Folder names are not shown correctly in several titles of MailStore if they contain an ampersand (&)