Gramps is a genealogy database, a program used for recording and tracking your family tree. Gramps gives you the ability to record the many details of an individual?s life as well as the complex relationships between various people, places and events. All of your research is kept organised, searchable and as precise as you need it to be.
Gramps can display information in a number of ways, from the dashboard where you record the progress of your research, through the interactive map view highlight places associated with an individual or group of people to a graphic representation of a person's ancestry, a family tree. The database also stores images, videos and other media associated with people, places and events, along with details and notes on every event and person in the database.
What makes Gramps such a good genealogy tool is not simply the amount of data it can hold but the way it correlates that information and allows you to view relationships between people, places and events.
- GEP 006: Better Place handling
- New Tags support on Event, Place, Repository, Source, and Citation
- Add optional support for checksum on Media object
- New place hierarchies model
- New Place editor
- Enhanced MediaReference Editor
- Full Python 3 support
- New functions and widgets related to Place and Media selections