ESET Smart Security 7 is the latest edition of ESET's popular security suite. It includes an antivirus engine, web browsing and antiphishing protection, a host intrusion prevention system, social media protection, a firewall, spam filter, parental controls and more.
New features include an advanced memory scanner, which checks application in RAM, so bypassing many of the tricks malware might use to hide its real code.
A Device Control module builds on the previous Removable Media functionality, allowing you to take complete control over the ways your users can access and work with any given device type.
An Exploit Blocker shields your applications from malicious attempts to exploit their security flaws.
A new Vulnerability Shield helps to protect you from low-level network attacks.
The Antiphishing module now blocks scam sites, and allows feedback (both reporting of suspect sites and false positives) from users. The firewall is smarter, and easier to use. And the suite is also more compatible, running properly on Windows 8, and with a mail plugin which fully supports Windows Live Mail and Office 2013.
What's new in 7.0.317.4?
- Improved: Processing of error codes during activation
- Resolved: Issues with application update notifications
- Resolved: Problems with Antispam module crashes
- Fixed: Problem with Windows Action Center notifications
- Fixed: Issue with event notifications being sent without content
- Fixed: Problem with toast notifications not being displayed on Windows 8