Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 is, just as its name suggests, an antivirus tool with an unusual number of very valuable extras.
The program's core is of course a very capable antivirus engine, which delivers good on-demand and real-time protection. This generally does well in lab tests, and the 2012 edition received Anti-Virus Comparative's Advanced + rating in their March 2012 on-demand comparative tests.
Online tools includes warnings of dangerous sites in your Google and Bing search results, useful social networking and identity theft protection, and a useful antiphishing module.
One major new feature this time is Safepay, a secure virtualised browser which aims to protect your payment data while shopping or banking online.
And another welcome addition is the USB immunizer, which immunizes any flash drive to ensure it can't be infected by viruses.
Put it all together and there's a lot of power here for your money: if you need an antivirus tool with good browsing protection then Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 could be an excellent choice.
Build v16.29 changes include:
- ISL Light Remote client incompatibility when Bitdefender Parental Control was turned ON;
- Activate/Turn Off Parental Control from main interface;
- Events: created new event, the product will report when Windows Update is set to manual.
- Removed Safego for Twitter from Bitdefender 2013;
- Safego will be linked with the account only after the product is activated;
- Integrated bdfndisf 22.214.171.124 driver;
- Resolved incompatibility with TDAmeritrade Trade Architect in Bitdefender 2013;
- Improved compatibility with Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7/8 in sandboxed mode;
- Performance improvements made for Window 8 Security UI;
- Integrated TrafficLight SDK 126.96.36.199;