Data loss has a way of concentrating the mind on the importance of backing up, but it’s always a good idea to ensure that you don’t need to take remedial action by already having a backup schedule in place. The best solutions are set and forget and enable you to enjoy the peace of mind that comes from having your data properly looked after.
SyncBackSE has now reached version 6 so that any rough edges it may have had are now polished smooth. It enables you to set up backup or synchronization profiles. A backup profile essentially copies the source folders and their contents to the backup location. A synchronize profile changes data in both directions to ensure that source and destination locations are the same.
You can set the program to work in simple or expert mode depending on whether you want an easily configured backup or if you need to use more sophisticated settings. In most cases, the simple mode will suffice. It provides a helpful wizard based approach to setting up backup or sync profiles. The restore wizard makes it easy to reinstate your data after a disaster.
The trial software is good for 30 days. If you register, you get a licence to install the software on up to five computers. There’s a thriving online support community to help you out with any problems you might have including a full knowledge base and online troubleshooter or you can submit a support ticket if you need individual help.
Version 18.104.22.168 brings:
- Fixed: Event log not working correctly
- Fixed: Left/Right arrow keys when moving profiles to and from a group
- Fixed: Wrong button highlighted after changing profile type
- Fixed: Using volume GUID in source or destination
- Fixed: Was deleting base folder when set to delete folders if file moved or deleted from a folder
- Fixed: If a profile was aborted because it was in a group that was aborted because a profile in it was already running then the abort reason is now set correctly